Audio Help Hearing Centers offers aural rehabilitation classes to help remove the stigma of hearing loss in an open, supportive environment with other individuals in similar situations.
The classes are ideal for patients who purchase new devices or individuals struggling to communicate effectively due to their hearing loss. Audio Help realizes that hearing loss can have a serious impact on one’s quality of life in different areas: personal relationships, employment, hobbies, and more.
The format allows participants to feel empowered by voicing their hopes and fears for life with hearing loss. The classes aim to accomplish this through:
- Providing instruction on hearing aid technology
- Improving auditory function through sensory management
- Training to assist in speech perception and communication
- Counseling to help deal with emotional reactions to hearing loss
Incentives are offered to patients when they attend the monthly meetings, which are provided free of charge. Aural rehabilitation classes are open to all of Audio Help’s new hearing aid customers, former patients, as well as family and friends of patients.
Most classes are offered for small groups, with individual sessions or patient/spouse sessions available for those who would benefit from one-on-one instruction.
The classes have proven to be helpful and well received by patients:
- “I think was very educational for people who have friends with hearing problems. Thank you for the time you made for me!” – L. A.
- “Very useful. It addressed my major concern – ambient noise, especially restaurant noise. Good feedback loop – the back-and-forth discussion was helpful. A+.” – L. K.
- “Fantastic! It was very informative and interesting. It was also very interactive and friendly.” – M. R.
The classes are hosted from 3-5 p.m. on the following days at each location:
- Chelsea Village: 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Park Avenue: 2nd Wednesday of month
- Columbus Circle: 4th Tuesday of every month
- Scarsdale: last Tuesday of every month
For more information or to reserve your spot, call Audio Help at 888-832-9966. If you’d like to be notified of upcoming classes, contact us online.