With Bluetooth hearing aids, you have access to a wealth of quality audio that can be streamed right to your hearing devices. Here are some tips for troubleshooting wireless connections.
How to Pair Hearing Aids with Android Devices
- Open the battery compartment on your hearing aids to get them in pairing mode.
- Tap the blue gear icon on your device to open your Settings and scroll to Connected Devices.
- Select Pair new device. Your hearing aids should appear on the list of available devices.
- You may need to pair your hearing aids one at a time if you have two.
Download the Google Play App for Android
If you haven’t already, you will need to download the Android app specific to your Bluetooth hearing aid from the Google Play store. Each manufacturer has its own app that you can download for free on your Android device, here are link to the apps for the devices we carry:
How to Pair Hearing Aids with iPhones
- Ensure your hearing aids are in pairing mode by opening the battery door. You can also charge your devices for a few minutes if you have rechargeable hearing aids.
- Go to Settings and select the Bluetooth tab. Switch the slider to the on position.
- Return to the Settings screen and scroll down to Accessibility. Scroll to the Hearing section and tap the Hearing Devices tab.
- Your phone will start looking for your hearing aids’ wireless connection, so they should appear under the MiFi Hearing Devices.
Download the iPhone App
If you haven’t already, you will need to download the iPhone app specific to your Bluetooth hearing aid. Each manufacturer has its own app that you can download for free on your iPhone, here are links to the apps for devices we carry:
Troubleshooting Your Hearing Aid Connection
Here are some steps to take if your smartphone is not pairing with your hearing aids:
- Close all the apps on your phone. That process varies between iPhone and Android
- Shut off your phone completely and restart it.
- Open and close the battery doors on your hearing aids to put them into a stronger pairing mode. That will last approximately two minutes.
- If you have a hearing aid manufacturer’s app, you may need to delete, re-download and reconnect your hearing aids to the app.
Pairing Hearing Aids to an App
All hearing aid apps have a “help” function to navigate the technology and access different features. You’ll need to download your corresponding hearing aid manufacturer’s app from the App Store on iPhones or Google Play on Android devices.
You’ll be prompted to connect your hearing aid to the app, which will provide you with step-by-step instructions. Once connected, you can adjust your hearing devices by opening the app on your smartphone.
Bluetooth Hearing Aids Available in NYC, Scarsdale & Stamford
Your audiologist will provide direction during your hearing aid fitting to teach you how to use hearing aid apps. The expert audiologists at Audio Help Hearing Centers will work with you to ensure you understand how to adjust your Bluetooth hearing aids. If your hearing aids aren’t compatible with smartphones, we can provide you with an upgrade or assistive streaming technology to help you.
Contact us online or call 888-832-9966 to schedule your appointment.